A new study of over 2,500 tablet users in the US (produced by the Online Publishers Association (OPA) and Frank N Magid Associates) makes interesting reading.
Tablet ownership explosion
- 74 million US users have a tablet device – this constitutes a 31% adoption rate (up from 12% in 2011)
- Adoption rate is expected to hit 47% by Q2 in 2013
- 58% of tablet users are ‘very satisfied’ with their device
- 74% of table owners use them every day
- On average users are spending 13.9 hours with their tablets.
- 32% are using two screens for 3.1 hours per day.
Main tablet activities
- 94% cite accessing content/information is their main tablet activity
- Other key activities include accessing email, news, weather and entertainment content
Paid content and advertising
- 61% of tablet users have purchased content in the past year.
- The tablet app market is estimated at $2.6 billion for 2012 (almost doubled figures for 2011)
- 38% of tablet users have made purchases after seeing tablet advertising
You can access the full report here.
Read more analysis of the report on TheNextWeb